2 Days Nyiragongo Hike from Goma
2 Days Nyiragongo Hike starts and ends in Goma city, which is located in the eastern province of the Democratic Republic of Congo. Mount Nyiragongo is found in Virunga National Park and is one of the most active volcanoes in the world. However, this has not stopped visitors from hiking this renowned volcanic mountain. The highlight of the 2 days Nyiragongo hike in Congo is the molten lava lake situated at the summit of the mountain.
Highlights of 2 Days Nyiragongo Hike from Goma
- Day 1: Pickup from Goma and Transfer to Virunga National Park.
- Day 2: Descend Nyiragongo and Transfer back to Goma.
Day 1: Pickup from Goma and Transfer to Virunga National Park.
- Pickup and Transfer to Virunga: On day 1 of your 2 Days Nyiragongo Hike from Goma, you picked up by your guide from any pick up location of your choice in Goma. If you are travelling from Rwanda, your guide will pick you up from your hotel in Gisenyi town and drive to the Congo border at Le Grand Barrier by 7am. Check-in at the immigrations office and receive your Congo Visa and hiking permit. After you are done clearing with immigrations, you will be transported to Kibati Patrol Post in Virunga national park.
- Hike Mount Nyiragongo: You will begin your hike from Kibati Patrol Post after a briefing from the park ranger. You can also hire some porters from this point to carry your luggage. Hiking up the mountain can take about four to six hours depending on your experience and pace. Spend the night on the mountain under the red lit skyline, and on a good night you can clearly watch the beautiful stars in the sky.
- Dinner and accommodation will at the shelters that have been built on the mountain.
Day 2: Descend Nyiragongo and Transfer back to Goma.
- Descend Mountain & Departure: Wake up to a beautiful morning on the mountain. Take delicious breakfast and hike up to the Crater Lake with molten lava. The sight of the molten lava bumbling from the active volcano is truly a marvelous sight to see. Later start to descend Nyiragongo Mountain. The hiking expedition down the mountain will take about 4 hours or less depending on your pace. You will meet with your guide once you have descended the mountain, and then proceed with your transfer back to Goma where your guide/driver will drop you off at any hotel of your choice or directly at Goma International Airport in time for you to check-in and board your flight back home. Alternatively, you can have your guide drop you off at La Grande Barrière if you traveling back to Rwanda.
End of the 2 Days Nyiragongo Hike from Goma
Please Note that this 2 Day Nyiragongo Hike Safari from Goma is inclusive of the following; Volcano trek/hiking permit, Transportation to and from your pick up location in Gisenyi or Goma, and accommodation for one night on Nyiragongo Mountain.
This tour package excludes the following expenses; Nyiragongo backpack, porter fees, gratuities and any other expenses of personal nature.
If you love hiking, this is the perfect safari for you during your stay in the Democratic Republic of Congo.