3 Days chimpanzee habituation in Uganda
3 days chimpanzee habituation in Uganda will ensure you have an amazing time as you participate in chimpanzee habituation in Uganda. It should be noted that in Uganda, you can only carry out chimpanzee habituation in Kibale national park therefore for travellers interested in understanding more about the primate species, this 3 days chimpanzee habituation in Uganda will give you the opportunity to understand more about the primates in the country. During the activity if you’re lucky, you will have the opportunity to see a number of rewarding attractions like the mammals for instance; red and blue duikers, bushbucks, bush pigs, giant forest hogs, common warthogs, a number of bird species, for instance, the African pitta, Abyssinian ground thrush, Crowned eagle, Dusky crimson wing, Black-capped Apalis, and so many more during the community and nature walks among other activities during your safari.
Highlights of the 3 days chimpanzee habituation in Uganda
- Day 1: Transfer to Kibale national park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee habituation
- Day 3: Cultural tour and departure
Detailed Safari Itinerary
DAY 1: Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Transfer to Kibale National Park: On day one of your 3 days Chimpanzee habituation in Uganda, at a location of your choice in Kampala city or Entebbe international airport you will be picked by your tour guide for your 3 days Chimpanzee habituation in Uganda who will give you a briefing of the rules and regulations to follow during the safari among other features in the park. After the briefing session of your safari, you will make you way to the home of the primate species Kibale national park. As you transfer to the park, you will have a stopover at the equator in Kayabwe where you will take part in the northern and southern hemisphere experiments. After the rewarding experiences, you will make your way to Kibale national park having another stopover in fort portal for lunch and after you will make your way to Kibale national park, on reaching, you will transfer to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay as you get ready to take part in the next day’s activities.
DAY 2: Chimpanzee habituation
- Chimpanzee habituation: On day two of your 3 days Chimpanzee habituation in Uganda after an early morning breakfast at your hotel, you will be picked by your guide for the hotel who will transfer you to Kibale national park for you to take part in the chimpanzee trekking in Kibale national park. On reaching the park headquarters, you will participate in a briefing session of chimpanzee habituation in the park, the rules and regulations to follow during the memorable activity. After the briefing session, you will transfer to the park with a team of researchers who will lead you to the different chimpanzee troops that are under the process of habituation in the park. during the activity, you will get the opportunity to train the chimpanzees to get used to human presence during chimpanzee tracking. Chimpanzee habituation will no only give you the chance to observe the primates trained to get used to human presence but also you will take part in the training session of getting the primates to get used to human presence. Interesting about the activity, you will also get to see a number of rewarding attractions like the different bird species like the African pitta, Abyssinian ground thrush, Crowned eagle, Dusky crimson wing, Black-capped Apalis, Collared Apalis, Purple-breasted sunbird among other attractions. After the rewarding experience in the park, you will transfer back to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 3: Cultural Tour and Departure
- Cultural Tour and Departure: On day three of your 3 days Chimpanzee habituation in Uganda after an early morning breakfast at your hotel you will be picked by your guide who will transfer you to the local community (Cultural Tour) where you will visit the locals in Bigodi where you will see how the locals co-exist with the Bigodi wetland where they get a number of products and raw materials. You can also buy a number of crafts like baskets pen holders as souvenirs at the end of your trip After the trip to the local community, you will be transferred back to Kampala, through Mbarara town, you will have a stop over to have lunch at the Igongo cultural centre. After lunch, you will make your way to Kampala and on reaching Kampala city, you will take part in a Kampala city tour where you will visit places like Nakasero market one of the oldest markets in Uganda where you will buy a number of organic fruits, you can also visit shopping malls which will enable you understand how the locals carry out their daily activities. After the safari, your guide will drop you at the location of your choice in Kampala or at the Entebbe International airport and the end of your 3 days Chimpanzee habituation in Uganda.
End of the 3 days chimpanzee habituation in Uganda
- Pickup and drop off in Kampala
- An English speaking guide
- Entrance permits
- All activities included on the itinerary
- Entrance permits
- Meals and bottled water
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Uganda visa fees
- Activities that are not included on the itinerary