4 Days Birding Safari in Murchison Falls
4 Days Birding Safari in Murchison Falls: This is a 4-day birding safari in Murchison Falls National Park in the northwestern region of Uganda. The 4 days birding safari in Uganda will give you an opportunity to view some of the 451 birds which call the national park home. You will also get an opportunity to view a variety of wildlife in the park. This is this perfect itinerary if you are a bird lover!
Highlights for the 4 Days Birding Safari in Murchison Falls.
- Day 1: Arrival in Kampala and Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park.
- Day 2: Morning Game Drive and Afternoon Boat Cruise.
- Day 3: Transfer back to Masindi via the escarpment.
- Day 4: Bird the Royal Mile and Transfer back to Kampala.
Day 1: Arrival in Kampala and Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park.
- Arrival & Transfer to Murchison Falls: On Day 1 of your 4 Days Birding Safari in Murchison Falls, you will be picked up by your guide from your hotel in Kampala. You will the drive to Murchison Falls National Park with a stopover for lunch in Masindi. After lunch, you will proceed with your transfer to Murchison Falls where you will begin your bird watching expedition upon your arrival in the park. Birds as you continue to Paraa via the top of Murchison Falls. Stretch your legs with a short walk around the top of the falls before it plunges over 40 meters in a majestic cascade. Look out for birds like raptors, Rock Pratincole, Crested Francolin, White crested Turaco, Sliverbird, Narnia Trogon, finches, Red-throated bee-eater, waxbills and canaries to mention but a few.
- Drive back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Morning Game Drive and Afternoon Boat Cruise.
- Morning Game Drive: Have breakfast early in the morning and then take the ferry to the northern bank where you are set to have your morning game drive. Enjoy 3-5 hours of exclusive wildlife viewing in the park. While on the game drive, you will have a chance to sight wildlife species like Elephants, the Rothschild giraffes, zebras, buffaloes, Hartebeests, Uganda Kobs, Waterbucks, Oribis, Impala and so many others. Later return to your lodge for lunch.
- Afternoon Boat Cruise: After lunch, take the launch trip up to the bottom of the falls, cruising pat hundreds of hippos, crocodiles, and birds. Look out for the Abyssinian Ground Hornbill, Black-headed Plover, Rock Pratincole, Swallow-tailed Bee-Eater, Red-throated Bee-eater, Speckle fronted Weaver and so many more. You will also pass wildlife such as the graceful Rothschild’s giraffe, Jackson’s hartebeest, Uganda Kob, defassa waterbuck, buffalo, elephant, warthog, hippo, oribis and if you are lucky, you might spot a leopard or lion.
- Head back to your lodge for dinner and accommodation.
Day 3: Transfer back to Masindi via the escarpment.
- Transfer back to Masindi: Have breakfast at your lodge and carry your packed lunch. Proceed for the drive back to Masindi driving through the rift valley escarpment where you will have good views of Lake Albert. You will do some bird watching along the escarpment before proceeding to Busingiro Forest Center if time permits. Do take you time and look out for bird species such as; the Yellow-billed Hyliota, Rattling Cisticola, Red-winged Grey Warbler, Black-headed Batis, Western Violet-backed Sunbird, Red-winged Ptyalin, and the Black-faced Waxbill among others.
- Dinner and overnight at one of the hotels.
Day 4: Bird the Royal Mile and Transfer Back to Kampala.
- Bird the Royal Mile & Transfer back to Kampala: After an early breakfast, take packed lunch and head out to bird the Royal Mile in Budongo Forest, which is just a few kilometers from Murchison Falls national park. Look out for species like the African Crowned Eagle, Hugli’s Francolin, Blue-breasted Kingfisher, Chocolate-backed Kingfisher, Dwarf Kingfisher, White-thighed Hornbill, Red-tailed Ant-thrush, Lemon-billed Crombec, Rufus-crowned Eremomela, Ituri Batis, Red-bellied Paradise Flycatcher, Chestnut-capped Flycatcher, Western Black-headed Oriole and so many more. Have your packed lunch and drive back to Kampala.
End of the 4 Days Birding Safari in Murchison Falls