4 Days Chimpanzee Trekking & Wildlife Viewing in Queen
4 Days Chimpanzee Trekking & Wildlife Viewing in Queen is a short Uganda safari package that is specifically designed to cater for visitors who have a busy schedule or are on a short holiday in the country. The 4 days Uganda safari takes you to Queen Elizabeth National Park which is the second-largest savannah national park in the country. During your visit to the park, you will get a chance to view stunning wildlife and also track some of the habituated chimpanzees living in Kyambura Gorge which is located within the national park.
Highlights of the 4 Days Chimpanzee Trekking & Wildlife Viewing in Queen
- Day 1: Pick up and Transfer to Queen.
- Day 2: Chimpanzee Trekking in Kyambura Gorge.
- Day 3: Morning Game Drive and Evening Boat Cruise.
- Day 4: Lion Tracking Experience and Transfer Back to Kampala.
Day 1: Pickup and Transfer to Queen.
- Pickup & transfer to Queen: On day 1 of your 4 days chimpanzee trekking & wildlife viewing safari in Queen Elizabeth National, you will picked up by your guide from any pick up location of your choice either in Kampala city or upon your arrival at Entebbe International Airport. You will then have a short tour of Kampala city and later transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park. This is the second largest national park in Uganda, covering approximately 1,978 square kilometers. It is located in Kasese district in the western part of the country. The national park is one of the best savannah parks that are ideal for wildlife viewing safaris.
- You will have a stopover at the Equator monuments in Kayabwe, Mpigi district. You can take photos at either side of the equator monuments that mark the point where the equator runs through Uganda. You will then proceed to Queen Elizabeth National Park with lunch enroute to the park.
- Evening Game Drive: Upon arrival at Queen Elizabeth National Park, you will embark on an evening game drive. During your evening game drive, you can see animals like hyenas, kobs, impala, antelopes, elephants, buffaloes, zebras, giraffes and so many more.
- Later retire back to your lodge for dinner and accommodation.
Day 2: Chimpanzee Trekking in Kyambura Gorge.
- Chimpanzee Trekking: On day 2, you will start your day with breakfast early in the morning at your lodge. You will then meet up with your guide and drive to the park headquarters where you will be briefed and given a guide. You will then drive to Kyambura Gorge where your Chimpanzee trekking experience will start. Chimpanzee trekking in Queen Elizabeth national park can take between 1 – 4 hours or more depending on the location of the chimps. You will later have your lunch which you packed from your lodge. Alternatively, simply head back to your lodge for lunch and relax for the rest of the afternoon.
- Community Tour (optional): Later in the evening you can head out for a tour to one of the neighboring communities outside the national park. You will get an opportunity to mingle with the locals in these communities and learn more about their interesting cultures.
- Later have dinner and accommodation at your lodge.
Day 3: Morning Game Drive and Evening Boat Cruise.
- Morning Game Drive: Have an early morning breakfast and proceed on a morning game drive in the park which begins at 6 am. This morning game drive will give you a great chance to view nocturnal animals like leopards, serval cats and other wildlife such as African savannah elephants, hyenas, Uganda Kobs, heart beasts, giraffes, zebras and many more. The park is also blessed with over 612 bird species thus making it a great destination for birding activities. While on your game drive, you may spot birds like the African skimmer, Chapin’s flycatcher, Shoebill stock, the great flamingos and Pink- backed pelicans.
- Evening Boat Cruise: After having your lunch break, head out for an evening boat cruise along the Kazinga channel. The boat cruise starts at exactly 1pm and can take approximately 2 hours. During your boat cruise, you may sight lots of wildlife such as hippos, Nile crocodiles, elephants and some species of birds like the great flamingos, Shoebill stock, Ibis and so many others.
- Later return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Lion Tracking Experience and Transfer Back to Kampala.
- Lion Tracking Experience: Wake up and have breakfast at leisure while soaking in the amazing scenery in the national park. You will then meet up with your guide and head out for the Lion tracking experience. The lion tracking experience will give you the opportunity to view the famous tree-climbing lions of Queen. Of recent, these majestic giant cats have become rare sights in the park because of poaching activities that have become rampant in the park. This lion tracking experience takes between 1 to 3 hours and is done only twice a day, in the morning and afternoon. You will drive off tracks when tracking the locations of the lions. You will be able to get an up-close view of the lions and take photos. Drive back to your lodge for lunch.
- Transfer back to Kampala: After having your lunch, you will then drive back to Kampala city where you can take a short tour of the city, depending on your time of arrival in Kampala. Later have your guide drop you off at any hotel of your choice or straight at the airport in Entebbe where you will board your flight back home.
End of 4 Days Chimpanzee Trekking & Wildlife Viewing in Queen