4 Days Mikeno Mist Safari
4 Days Mikeno Mist Safari in will ensure that tourists on their Congo safaris will have rewarding experiences visiting Virunga national park where you will get the chance to hike one of the active volcanoes among the Virunga mountains, mount Nyiragongo the home to the world’s largest lava lake, you will also get to participate in gorilla trekking in virunga national park where you will get to know more about the endangered mountain gorillas in the park during gorilla trekking for an amazing experience during your Congo safaris. Additionally, the package will ensure you get to see a number of attractions aswell like a number of bird species like; the long-crested eagle handsome Francolin, Ruwenzori turaco, a number of primate species like the black and white colobus monkeys, silver monkeys, golden monkeys among other attractions in the park for memorable Congo Safaris for a memorable safaris.
Highlights of the 4 Days Mikeno Mist Safari
- Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Congo
- Day 2: Virunga Gorilla Trekking in Congo
- Day 3: Mount Nyiragongo hike
- Day 4: Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Kigali city
Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Congo.
- Pick up and transfer to Congo: On the first day of your 4 Days Mikeno mist safari upon your arrival in Rwanda at Kigali International Airport where you will be met by your guide for your safari who will pick you from the airport and transfer you to Goma where you will be transferred to the Congo border at the Grand Barrier for check-in, issuing of the necessary permits will be carried out, you will get your gorilla trekking permit among other permits, visas and many more thereafter you will transfer to Virunga National Park the world’s largest lava lake that can be found on mount Nyiragongo and the home to the home to the endangered mountain gorillas that can be seen during gorilla trekking in Congo gorilla trekking. When you reach the park, you will transfer to your lodge for lunch and refreshments. In the evening, you will have dinner relaxation as you get ready for next day’s activities.
Day 2: Virunga Gorilla Trekking in Congo
- Virunga Gorilla Trekking: On day two of your 4 Days Mikeno mist safari after your early morning breakfast, you will report to Bukima post where you will participate in the briefing session and with your passports and your gorilla trekking permit you will participate in the registration process and a briefing session about gorilla trekking in the park where you will get to know the rules and regulations to follow during the activity and when you get in contact with the gorillas and later on head to the forest to participate in gorilla trekking. During the activity, you will get to see a number of attractions like numerous bird species like; primates likes; for memorable primate safaris in virunga national park. When you get to the Congo gorilla families, you will have amazing experiences with the primates by observing their behavior in the park for instance their feeding patterns, their grooming patterns and how they co-exist with one another and at the end of your safari you will take pictures of the primates and you will head back to your hotel for your late lunch, leisure dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Mount Nyiragongo hike
- Mount Nyiragongo hike: On day three of your 4 Days Mikeno mist safari after an early morning breakfast, you will be transferred to Bukima area of the park where you will get ready for mount Nyiragongo hike by participating in the briefing session of the hike. After the session, you will embark on your journey to one of the world’s most active volcanic mountain as you get ready to see the impact of Volcanic eruption on the surrounding areas in the park where you will see new forests rejuvenating from what was destroyed by the lava, you will get to see a number of bird species as you hike the slopes in the rejuvenating forests therefore you should not miss out on packing binoculars to see the amazing species. When you get to the summit, you will have overnight stay there, you will get to see the sunset, get ready for the mountain to come to life with the world’s largest lava lake which will offer amazing experience. You will to see lava boiling and rising underneath the earth’s crust, earthquakes rumbling underneath the crust for an amazing time in the park and with you wild dinner at the summit you will have the most rewarding Congo safaris in Virunga National Park.
Day 4: Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Kigali city
- Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Kigali city: On day four of 4 Days Mikeno mist safari after an early morning breakfast, you will descend mount Nyiragongo, once at the bottom, you will be transported back to Goma and drop off at the Grande barrier for border crossing where you will be picked by your guide who will transfer you to Rwanda where you will be dropped off at a location of your choice in Kigali for lunch and transferred to Kigali international airport and the end of your safari. Alternatively, you can participate in the Kigali city tour where you will visit Rwanda’s larges market Kimironko market where you will get to see how Rwandans carry out their daily activities you can also buy souvenirs to take back at home, you will also visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial museum where you will get to know more about the Rwanda genocide and the events that led to the unfortunate event in the country and at the end of your safari, you will be dropped off at a location of your choice in Kigali city or Kigali International Airport and the end your 4 Days Mikeno mist safari.
End of the 4 Days Mikeno Mist Safari
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Hiking fees
- Park entrance fees
- Vehicle entrance fees
- Congo Visa fees
- All accommodation as per itinerary
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Full time English speaking driver/ guide
- Bottled mineral water while on safari
- Air tickets
- All items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, beer, e.t.c
- Anything else not included in the itinerary