4 Days Virunga national park safari
4 Days Virunga national park safari will let you explore Africa’s oldest national park virunga national park for an amazing experience during your safari where you will get the chance to hike the home to the world’s largest lava lake mount Nyiragongo, tracking the mountain gorillas which will offer rewarding experiences as you spend time with the primates among other rewarding experiences. You will also get to participate at the climax of your safari you will participate in Kigali city tour which will give you the opportunity to know more about the culture of the people of Rwanda by visiting the Kigali genocide memorial museum which will give you an insight of the 1994 Rwanda genocide, visiting a number of sites for a rewarding experience during your 4 days virunga national park safari.
Highlights of your 4 Days Virunga national park safari
- Day 1: Arrival
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Day 3: Mount Nyiragongo Hike
- Day 4: Descend and departure
Day 1: Arrival
- Arrival: On day one of your 4 days virunga national park safari, upon arrival at Kigali international airport or a location of your choice in Kigali city your tour guide a representative of our tour company will pick you up and give you a briefing session of your 4 days virunga national park safari the rules and regulations to follow, the expectations of your safari for a memorable time in the park. After the session, you will make your way to the Grande Barrier for border crossing by 10:30 am and ensure check-in with Virunga tourism office by 11:15 am. At the tourism office, you will obtain gorilla and volcano trek permits at check-in which will be presented before the start of each activity. Once check-in is complete you will be transported to your lodge for check-in lunch and later in the afternoon, you will explore Rumangabo’s several nature trails for bird watching and after the activity you will head back to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla trekking: On day two of your 4 days virunga national park safari, after an early morning breakfast at your lodge, your guide for the safari will pick you up and transfer you to the Bukima ranger post for a briefing session before you participate in gorilla trekking in the park. On arrival to Bukima, trekkers will meet their Ranger guides and local porters if you are interested in hiring one to help you with you with your equipment and luggage. After the briefing session, you will participate in the activity where you will get to spend one hour with the gorillas understanding their behaviour in the park, how they co-exist with one another among other interesting features of the gorillas, you will get to take pictures of the primates and many other rewarding features of the primates. After the activity, you will head back to your lodge for your late lunch, leisure and in the evening, trekkers will return to Bukima camp where you explore Bukima as you participate in bird watching and the Park’s bamboo project after the activity head back to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Mount Nyiragongo Hike
- Mount Nyiragongo Hike: On day three of your four days virunga national park safari, after early morning breakfast at your lodge, you will be transported to the Kibati ranger post for briefing and after the session, you will embark on your journey to hike mount Nyiragongo, during your hike to the summit you will have exceptional views of the evergreen park, you will see a number of rewarding primates and birdlife primates like the vervet monkey, dent’s monkey, golden monkey, black and white colobus monkey when you get to the summit of mount Nyiragongo you will have rewarding experiences of the lava lake with lava boiling underneath the earth’s surface, you will get to take pictures of the lake from a safe distance and after the rewarding experience, you will set off to your tents for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Descend and departure
- Descend and departure: On day 4 of your 4 days virunga national park safari, after early morning breakfast, you will descend Mount Nyiragongo and make your way to Kibati where you will connect to your guide who will transfer you back to Goma and then, later on, connecting you to Kigali city. On reaching Kigali city, you will have lunch, and depending on your flight for departure you can choose to participate in the Kigali city tour or not. During the Kigali city tour, get ready to have an amazing time participating in the tour where you will get to know more about the people as you visit Kimironko market the largest economic market in Rwanda where a number of Rwandans carry out their daily transactions you will see them carrying out their daily activities you will see a number of different people of different ethnicities selling a number of items. You will also get to purchase a number souvenirs, African fabrics, organic fruits among other items from the largest market of Rwanda, you will also visit the Kigali genocide memorial museum where you will get to understand more about the 1994 Rwanda genocide which will enable you to understand about the events that led to the death of a number of Rwandans and bringing a dark time in the country. After the amazing activity, you will be dropped off at a location of your choice in Kigali city or Kigali international airport and the end of your 4 days virunga national park safari.
End of the 4 Days Virunga national park safari
- Pickup and drop off in Kigali
- An English speaking guide
- Entrance permits
- All activities included on the itinerary
- Entrance permits
- Meals and bottled water
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Congo and Rwanda visa fees
- Activities that are not included on the itinerary