Chimpanzee trekking in Uganda is among the most rewarding primate safaris in Uganda that you should not miss out on while you explore a number of rewarding primate species in Uganda. Chimpanzee trekking comes second to gorilla trekking in Uganda where you will access the habituated gorilla families that are endemic to the Albertine rift but over the years, chimpanzee trekking in Uganda has gained popularity because of how rewarding the activity is and the fact that travellers have more chances to watch the habituated troops in different destinations as compared to a number of African destinations where you will take part in the chimpanzee trekking experience in Africa.
In this article we are going to help you explore all the relevant information about chimpanzee trekking in Uganda to ensure you have an amazing experience and also help you plan and also book for your safari.
Where to carry out chimpanzee trekking
Chimpanzee trekking n Uganda can be carried out in a number of destinations to ensure that you have an amazing safari experience. Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale national park will help you explore the forests of kibale forests searching for the habituated chimpanzee troops, chimpanzee trekking in queen Elizabeth will help you explore the Kyambura gorge also known as the valley of apes, you can also participate in chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest which will give you the opportunity to track the chimpanzees in the wild.
while participating in the activity you will get to spend one hour with the chimpanzees observing their behaviour in the wild for instance you will get to see the females breastfeeding the infants, the males mating with the females, you will get to see red swellings on the bottoms of the females which is a sign that they are ready for mating.
Chimpanzee trekking permit in Uganda
For you to participate in chimpanzee trekking in Uganda, you should obtain a chimpanzee trekking permit in Uganda from a trusted tour operator or from the Uganda wildlife Authority where you can also obtain gorilla trekking permits in Uganda, permits for a number of tourism activities in Uganda like hiking the Virunga mountains in Uganda, golden monkey trekking in Uganda, permits for rhino tracking in Uganda, from ziwa rhino sanctuary, game drives in Murchison falls National Park, boat cruise in Murchison falls and many other rewarding tourism activities in Uganda. You can obtain a chimpanzee trekking permit at a price 100USD. The permit will give you access to an armed ranger who will protect you against any vicious animal attacks during your chimpanzee trekking experience in Uganda.
Packing list for chimpanzee trekking
- A camera should be packed to ensure you have an amazing chimpanzee experience in Uganda. During chimpanzee trekking you will get to watch a number of attractions in the park like the numerous primate species, numerous bird species like; ; the blue turaco, Ross’s turaco, coqui Francolin, long tailed cisticola, bubbling cisticola, Miombo wren warbler, Chubb’s cisticola and many other rewarding attractions for an amazing safari experience.
- You should carry insect repellent as you participate in chimpanzee trekking in the wild because there a number of insects that can cause irritation with their bites and among the different insects that can be seen include mosquitoes, tsetse flies that can disrupt your experience in the park.
- Rain jacket because it can rain at any time in the park that can disrupt your chimpanzee trekking experience in Uganda.
- The perfect shoes should be carried to ensure an amazing experience in the country this is because during your safari experience, the trails tend to get impenetrable after heavy pours and also the fact that there are a number of crawlies movement in the park and branches that can make it hard for you to move during your experience.
- You should carry long trousers and shirts to avoid being scratched by nettles and branches that can cause irritation during your safari experience in the park.