Chimpanzee trekking vs gorilla trekking :These are among the most famous tourism activities that you should not miss out on for a rewarding safari experience.
While choosing between gorilla trekking and chimpanzee trekking in Rwanda, you should consider the price of both the activities to help in easily planning your primate safaris in Rwanda.
For travellers interested in the gorilla trekking experience in Rwanda, you will get the opportunity to observe the habituated gorilla families in Rwanda by obtaining a gorilla trekking permit in Rwanda permit at a price of 1500USD and a chimpanzee trekking permit in Rwanda at a price at a price of 90USD which makes chimpanzee trekking cheaper than gorilla trekking in volcanoes national park. save some dollars by participating in chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe national park.
other activities that you can participate in like the canopy walk in Rwanda, you can also participate in hiking the trails in Nyungwe National Park, you can also participate in the Isumo waterfalls hike which will give you the chance to observe a number of rewarding attractions like the numerous bird species like; the blue turaco, Ross’s turaco, coqui Francolin, long tailed cisticola, bubbling cisticola, Miombo wren warbler, Chubb’s cisticola and many other rewarding bird species for an amazing safari experience, Chimpanzee trekking vs gorilla trekking
Where to take part in the activity
While considering of whether to participate in either chimpanzee trekking or gorilla trekking, the ease to access the parks should also be considered. From Kigali city, it will take travellers about 7-8 hours to access Nyungwe national park making it a long distance compared to the distance between Kigali city and Volcanoes national park which can take you about 3-4 hours hence making volcanoes national park the perfect destination for your primate safaris in Rwanda. it should also be noted that you can participate in a 1 day gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda which will give you the opportunity to observe the gorilla species in the wild and also get to go back to Kigali city or catch your flight which is not the case for chimpanzee trekking in Rwanda which will need you to take part in at least a 2 days chimpanzee trekking safari.
What is the most rewarding activity
Both chimpanzee trekking in Rwanda and Gorilla trekking in Rwanda are quite rewarding and will give you the opportunity to watch the different primates in the wild. However, with gorilla trekking in Volcanoes national Park you will have the chance to watch the endangered primate species in the wild that can be seen when you hike the Virunga mountains in Rwanda. interesting about the park is the fact that you can also watch the endangered golden monkeys in Rwanda that can also be seen when you participate in golden monkey trekking in Rwanda which will give you the opportunity to observe the behaviour with the primates in the wild.
Packing list for both activities
- You should pack the perfect hiking shoes that will give you the opportunity to trek through the impenetrable forests and the slippery trails in the park for an amazing Rwanda safari experience.
- A camera should also be carried to help you carry a number of rewarding attractions in the park like the numerous primate species like; the Hamlyn’s monkey, dent’s monkey, silver monkey, vervet monkey, silver monkey and many other rewarding safari primates.
- You can also carry long sleeved shirts that will avoid you from being sting by nettles.
- Carry some binoculars because the park is home to a number of bird species that you will find memorable and also get the opportunity to watch like the Albertine endemic bird species for instance to make your safari experience quite memorable.
- Insect repellent should also be carried because the parks are a home to a number of disease spreading insects like mosquitoes, tsetse flies that can also cause irritation with their bites.