2 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari
2 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari takes you to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda. This 2 day Bwindi gorilla trekking safari will allow you to see mountain gorillas in their natural habitat during your brief stay in Uganda. This 2 days Bwindi safari starts and ends in Kampala city.
Summary for the 2 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking.
- Day 1: Pickup in Kampala and Transfer to Bwindi.
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking and Transfer back to Kampala.
Day 1: Pickup in Kampala and Transfer to Bwindi.
- Pickup & Transfer to Bwindi: Start your day early in the morning with breakfast at your hotel in Kampala. Your guide from Explore Rwanda Tours will pick you up from your hotel and you will embark on a long road trip to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Your transfer from Kampala to Bwindi will take between 9 to 10 hours depending on which sector of the park you travelling to. You will have a stopover at the Equator monuments in Kayabwe, where you will take some pictures and visit some of the roadside craft shops. You can also ease yourself and grab a few refreshments and snacks for the road.
- You will have another stopover for lunch at Igongo Cultural Center, just a few kilometers from Mbarara City. After lunch, proceed with your drive to Bwindi national park. Upon your arrival in the park, you will check into your lodge for dinner and accommodation.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking and Transfer back to Kampala.
- Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi: On day 2 of your 2days Bwindi gorilla trekking safari in Uganda, you will have to wake up really early in the morning since you will be doing gorilla trekking. Gorilla trekking in Bwindi national park starts at 8 am in the morning. However, you are expected to report at the park headquarters by 7am for a briefing from the park’s head ranger. After your briefing, you will be placed in trekking groups depending on which gorilla group you will be tracking. Each trekking group consists of a maximum of eight members per group. Gorilla trekking in Bwindi national park lasts between four to eight hours or even more, depending on how long it will take you to locate a specific gorilla group. Once you have located your gorilla group, you will be given only an hour to spend with the gorillas. You can later have your packed lunch and relax for a while. You will then head back to base where you will receive your gorilla trekking certificate and reconnect with your guide/driver.
- Transfer back to Kampala: You will then transfer back to Kampala with a few stopovers along the way to refreshen-up and ease yourself. Once you get to Kampala, have your guide/driver drop you off at your hotel.
End of the 2 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Safari