5 Days Bwindi & Lake Mburo Safari
5 Days Bwindi & Lake Mburo Safari: This is a 5 Day Uganda Safari which takes you to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in the southwestern part of Uganda. During your stay in Bwindi, you will get to track the rare mountain gorillas which are the main tourist attraction in the park. You will also get to view wildlife in Lake Mburo National Park. The 5 Days Bwindi & Lake Mburo Safari begins and ends in Kampala city.
Highlights for the 5 Days Bwindi& Lake Mburo Safari.
- Day 1: Pick up and Transfer to Bwindi National Park.
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking & Batwa Trail Experience.
- Day 3: Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park.
- Day 4: Morning Game Drive and Horseback Riding Safari.
- Day 5: Transfer back to Kampala.
Day 1: Pickup and Transfer to Bwindi National Park.
- Pickup & Transfer to Bwindi: On Day 1 of your 5 days Bwindi & Lake Mburo Safari, our guide will pick you up from your hotel in Kampala city. You will then embark on a 6 to 8 hour road trip to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. You will have a stopover at the equator monuments in Kayabwe and later in Mbarara city for lunch. Proceed with your drive to Bwindi where upon your arrival in the park, you will check into your accommodation for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking & Batwa Trail Experience.
- Gorilla Trekking: Have breakfast very early at you lodge as your guide will pick you up at 6am. You will embark on a short journey to the Parks headquarters in Buhoma or the southern part of the park depending on which gorilla group you are going to track. You are supposed to be at Buhoma at exactly 7am for a briefing by the park’s head ranger which will begin at 8am and then you will be put in groups of 8 individuals per group depending on the gorilla group you are going to track. Tracking begins at exactly 8:30 am hence endeavor to always keep time.
- Bwindi Impenetrable National Park has a total of 15 habituated gorilla groups that are tracked from four trailheads. Of these 15 habituated gorilla groups, 3 are found in Buhoma area in the northwest part of the park; while 4 gorilla groups are situated in Ruhija in the eastern part of Bwindi and 8 gorilla groups in Nkuringo and Rushaga respectively, located south of Bwindi.
- Each tracking group consists of strictly eight individuals with each group having a park guide and ranger. Tracking can take about 1- 8 hours or more depending how easily and quick the gorillas are spotted. Once you have located a gorilla group, you will be given exactly an hour with them. After your gorilla trekking experience in Bwindi Forest, you will be given time to have your packed lunch in case your carried some from your lodge.
- Batwa Trail Experience: The Batwa trail experience is one of the most interesting and adventurous activities that are conducted in the park. This hiking experience is conducted by local Batwa guides in Bwindi impenetrable forest. You will get to learn a lot including how to hunt using tradition hunting tools and methods, how to use herbs to medicinal purposes and so much more. You will have an opportunity to interact with some of the Batwa locals, who are also referred to as Pygmies.
- Head back to your lodge for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 3: Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park.
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: Have a hearty breakfast and later transfer to Lake Mburo National Park. It is the smallest savannah national park in Uganda covering an area of 370 square kilometers. The national park can easily be accessed from Bwindi national park which is about a 2 hour drive to the park via Mbarara. Upon your arrival in the park, check into your lodge and have lunch.
- Afternoon Boat Cruise: After lunch, later head out to Rwonyo where you will take a tranquil afternoon boat cruise along the eastern banks of Lake Mburo as you view birds, crocodiles and hippos against the setting sun. The boat ride takes about 1- 2 hours and offers you great sights such as; giraffes, zebra, buffaloes and some bird species such as; the white egret, fish eagles, kingfishers and Shoebill stock.
- Later drive back to your lodge for dinner and an overnight.
Day 4: Morning Game Drive and Horseback Riding Safari.
- Morning Game Drive: Wake up in the morning and take breakfast at your lodge. Meet up with your guide and take a morning game drive and encounter zebras, buffalo, elands, and impalas along with a great variety of birds. Game drives in Lake Mburo National Park can take between 1 to 2 hours of spectacular wildlife viewing. Head back to your lodge for lunch and relax for the rest of the afternoon.
- Horseback Riding Safari: Later in Evening, you can embark on an evening horseback riding safari in the park. Horseback safaris are an exciting way to view wildlife in the park including; eland and buffalo. Also commonly sighted are warthogs, topi, impala, duiker, bushbuck, waterbuck, and zebra among others. The four hour hike take visitors up to hilltop viewpoints with the option of an evening sundowner.
- Later drive back to your lodge for dinner and accommodation.
Day 5: Transfer back to Kampala.
- Transfer back to Kampala: Have your breakfast at leisure and later check out of your lodge. You will then embark on a return journey back to Kampala where upon your arrival in the city, you can choose to embark on a short tour of Kampala city. Later your guide/driver will drop you off at your hotel.
End of the 5 Days Bwindi & Lake Mburo Safari