Expectations On Golden Monkey Trekking In Rwanda : Golden monkey trekking in Rwanda will lead you to Volcanoes national park which is one of the most notable national parks in Rwanda where travellers will get to participate in the primate safaris in Rwanda which will lead you to a number of different primate species in the wild for a memorable safari experience in Rwanda like the mountain gorillas, the vervet monkey, Mona monkey, Hamlyn’s monkey, silver monkey dent’s monkey and many other rewarding attractions in the wild for an amazing safari experience.
Golden monkey trekking in Rwanda will lead you to the Virunga mountains in Rwanda that is mount sabyinyo, mount gahinga, mount sabyinyo, mount muhabura, mount karisimbi and mount bisoke that you will get to hike to access the habituated golden monkey troops in Rwanda for a memorable safari experience. hiking the Virunga mountains in Rwanda will give you access to a number of different attractions in the wild like the different primates like the black and white colobus monkeys, l’hoest’s monkey, grey cheeked Mangabey, red tailed monkey and so many more. Bird species like Pockefellers’s sun bird, Chapin’s flycatcher, Rwenzori Batis, strange weaver, red throated alethe among other bird species in the wild.
The safari experience in Rwanda, will give you about 2-5 hours to participate in the golden monkey trekking experience in the wild hiking through the vegetation covers and you will get to spend one hour with the species observing the behavior of the primates in the wild for a memorable safari experience.
Before you participate in golden monkey trekking in Rwanda, you should first obtain a golden monkey trekking permit in Rwanda which will give you the opportunity to spend time with the species observing the behavior of the primates in the wild. A golden monkey trekking permit in Rwanda can be obtained at a price of 100USD and once you have obtained the permit you will be exempted from paying the park entry fees in Uganda, you will also have access to a knowledgeable guide that will ensure that you have the most rewarding safari experience by giving you all the relevant information about the species as they carry out their different activities in the wild.
You will also be accompanied by a ranger who will ensure you have a safe safari experience to avoid you from getting attacked by the wild animals this is because the park is home to a number of vicious animals like the forest elephants, buffaloes whose attacks can be fatal. Important about the activity is the fact that Rwanda has two habituated golden monkey troops which limits the number of people that participate in the activity therefore you should ensure that book in advance to avoid missing out on participating in the activity in Rwanda.
What to pack for golden monkey trekking?
- Carry some sunscreen to avoid sun burns during the safari experience
- You should carry some insect repellent which will avoid insects from biting you which can cause irritation with their bites.
- You can also carry the binoculars and the birding checklist for East Africa because you will get to watch a number of different bird species in the wild for a memorable safari experience.
- Carry yourself a camera that will help you take pictures of the primates as they carry out their daily activities in the wild.
- Perfect hiking shoes will ensure that hike through the vegetation for a memorable safari experience in the wild.
- You should also carry long sleeved shirts and long pants to avoid being scratched by nettles while hiking through the vegetation
With this guide for golden monkey trekking in Rwanda, you will have the best time in the wild with the species as we organize the best experience for a memorable primate safari in Rwanda.