Golden Monkey Trekking Guide in Rwanda
Golden monkey trekking in Rwanda can be carried out in Volcanoes national park a park famous for having part of the world’s remaining Rwanda gorilla families that can be seen along the slopes of the different virunga mountains within the park among other attractions however the park is also a home to the endangered golden monkeys that can be seen during golden monkey trekking in Volcanoes national park where you will get to know the interesting features of the golden monkeys while in the wild for rewarding experiences during your Rwanda tour an in order for one to have an amazing time during the activity, they should follow the golden monkey trekking guide in Rwanda to have the best time.
Packing list for golden monkey trekking
- Insect repellent should not be missed out on your packing list because there are a number of insects in the park that can cause irritation when they are bitten and also spread a number of diseases like malaria among other diseases which can be fatal.
- Binoculars, although they are optional, can also be carried during golden monkey trekking because as you hike the different virunga mountains in the park, you will get to see a number of bird species through the forest along the slopes of the Virunga Mountains as you get to the different Rwanda gorilla families.
- A Raincoat should also be put on your packing list because the weather in the park is quite unpredictable that it can rain at any given time which can sabotage your activity in the park but with a rain coat it will help you carry out your activity within the park smoothly.
- Hiking boots in the park should also be considered while participating in golden monkey trekking to have a comfortable activity while in the park.
- You should carry a camera to capture the beautiful memories of the golden monkeys as you spend time with them.
Best time to participate in golden monkey trekking in Rwanda
For any tourist interested in carrying out Golden monkey trekking in Rwanda they should put into consideration the time they want to take part in the activity and when they should participate in the activity within the park. It should be noted that golden monkey trekking in Rwanda can be carried out at any given time throughout the year but the best time they can participate in the activity will depend on their availability and need to participate in the activity.
In the dry season in the months of June- mid-September and December – February, the tourists will have an amazing time during golden monkey trekking in Rwanda because it will be much easier while they hike the Virunga Mountains in order to access the different habituated golden monkey troops in the park which can be hard to hike in the wet season when the different mountains in the park which become slippery during the wet season making hard to access the different habituated golden monkey troops.
Golden monkey trekking in Rwanda can also be carried out during the wet season which is during the month of Mid February-mid May and September –December when food is readily available in the park which will limit movements of the golden monkeys in the park which will help you to access the park in the shortest time possible as compared to golden monkey trekking in the dry season in the park when the golden monkeys tend to move a lot as they look for food.
Golden monkey trekking permit in Rwanda
Golden monkey trekking in Rwanda can only be carried out in volcanoes national park where tourist will access the permit at a fee of 100USD from the Rwanda Development Board or from a trusted tour company explore Rwanda tours in order to have the opportunity to take part in the activity.
Guidelines golden monkey trekking in Rwanda
- Avoid unnecessary noise while in the presence of the golden monkeys which can scare them away making it hard for you to carry out golden monkey trekking.
- Avoid feeding the golden monkeys your packed food during the activity to avoid spreading diseases to them
- Littering in the park during golden monkey trekking should be avoided because it can cause accidents to the primates.
- Taking pictures while using flash mode should be avoided while in the presence of the golden monkeys because it will scare them away thus sabotaging your encounters with the golden monkeys.
- Unnecessary noise in the park during golden monkey trekking should be avoided
- Smoking is highly prohibited in the presence of the golden monkeys.
- Tourists under the age of 15 years are not allowed to participate in golden monkey trekking while in the park.