What To Park For Chimpanzee Trekking In Rwanda? Visiting Rwanda will give you the most rewarding experience visiting the different destinations in the country to make your safari experience in the wild. The country is famous for the Rwanda genocide tour which will lead you to a number of genocide memorial museums that will help you understand more about the dark period of time in the country which led to the death of about 1,000,000 people in the wild. Another famous attraction in the wild is the mountain gorillas which is one of the most famous activities in the wild for a memorable safari experience in the wild however when you participate in the activity but making your way to Rwanda to participate in the wildlife safari in Rwanda, you will get to watch that there’s more to the country than the mountain gorillas and the Rwanda genocide when you participate in chimpanzee trekking in Rwanda which will lead you to a number of rewarding attractions and features of the playful primates in their natural habitat and in this article we are going to give you an insight of what to pack for chimpanzee trekking in the wild and how to ensure you have the most rewarding safari experience.
Chimpanzee trekking in Rwanda will lead you to the two sectors the park that is the Cyamudongo forest and Nyungwe forest where you will get to access the habituated chimpanzees in the wild that will give you the chance to observe the behavior of the primates as they carry out their daily activities in the wild for the memorable safari experience. a traveller can obtain a chimpanzee trekking permit from a trusted tour operator or from the Rwanda development board at a price of 150USD however you will also have to pay for the park entry fees to access the park premises and the park can be accessed at the price of 100USD for a day/ one night for a rewarding safari experience in the wild.
Packing list for chimpanzee trekking
- Pack some sunscreen to avoid sun burns during the activity this is because the activity can take almost a whole day
- You should carry your binoculars because you will get to watch a number of different bird species in the wild for a rewarding safari experience.
- Pack some pain killers as well because the activity can be challenging and tiresome.
- You can also pack some rain jacket for when you take part in the activity during the wet season
- You should also carry the perfect hiking shoes to ensure you have the most rewarding safari experience as you hike through the thick vegetation
- Garden gloves can also be packed to protect your hands
- Carry some insect repellent to avoid insect bites that can cause irritation during your safari experience in the wild.
- You can also pack a camera that will help you take beautiful pictures if the primates in the wild for an amazing safari experience.
- Carry some long sleeved trousers and shirts to avoid being pricked by nettles.
Other primate activities that you can participate in Rwanda to watch the endangered primates include;
Gorilla trekking in volcanoes national park which will lead you to the habituated gorilla families which you will observe as they carry out their daily activities in the wild. The activity involves travellers hiking the Virunga mountains in Rwanda that is mount muhabura, mount sabyinyo, mount gahinga, mount karisimbi and mount bisoke which will give you access to a number of views in the park for a rewarding safari experience
Travellers can also get to participate in golden monkey trekking which will also lead them to the Virunga mountains in Rwanda that you will get to hike to watch the Albertine endemic monkey species with a number of rewarding attractions to watch while you engage with the wild for a memorable safari experience.